Each AMIGUARD® 7000 High Security Expanded Steel Mesh panel goes through a process of slitting and stretching metal sheet to form the desired style. The High Security Panel now has strands and intersecting strands called bonds forming a sharp angle to the original plane of the solid sheet. This process creates the unique pattern and allows a single sheet of metal to be processed into several sheets of High Security Mesh Panels. AMIGUARD® 7000 High Security Expanded Metal panels are ideally suited for security fences and gates.
AMIGUARD® 7700 High Security Mesh shown
AMIGUARD® 7100 High Security Mesh shown
Expanded Metal Definitions
- Bond = the solid intersection of two strands.
- Diamonds = open area of expanded steel metal panel after expanding.
- Percent of Open Area = The relation of solid metal to open diamond area.
- Pitch = The measurement from a point of a diamond to the same point on an adjacent diamond.
- LWD = nominal dimension, Long Way of the Diamond, center of bond to center of bond.
- SWD = nominal dimension, Short Way of the Diamond , center of bond to center of bond.
- LWO = Long Way of the Opening.
- SWO = Short Way of the Opening.
- Strand thickness = thickness of the base metal.
- Strand width = forward motion of expanded steel mesh panel sheet during production.
- Overall Thickness = thickness of raised expanded steel mesh panel.
AMIGUARD® 7700 Security mesh shown
AMIGUARD® 7000 High Security Meshes
- AMICO Security offers a wide range of AMIGUARD® 7000 High Security Mesh typically utilized for security fencing and gates. The Expanded steel mesh panels differentiate by weight and the size of the diamond openings. All meshes are available in Hot Dipped Galvanized or Black Powder coating over zinc primer/zinc e-coating.
|AMIGUARD® 7000 High Security Mesh||Diamond Dimensions (in)|
|Percent Open Area||Strand Thickness (in)||Strand Width (in)||Weight Galvanized per ft2|