When you need the highest level of security, don’t settle for untested products, choose AMICO Security Mesh™!
- Security Mesh™ was developed and introduced by AMICO in the late 1980s as a penetration barrier for use behind drywall finishes. The Security Mesh™ in combination with the patented Secura Clip™ fasteners create a system that designers and security professionals can count on to provide the highest levels of physical security.
AMICO Security Mesh™ has been installed for decades in government, commercial and retail buildings all over the world
- Since Security Mesh™ was introduced in 1989, Security Mesh™ is now speciﬁed in virtually all federal, state, and local Government buildings. Security Mesh™ covers both ofﬁces and correction facilities. Security Mesh™ is speciﬁed by Homeland Security, the FBI, ATF, Treasury Department and the Department of Defense. Security Mesh is everywhere.
Secura Clip™ Fasteners
- AMICO’s patented Secura Clips™ complete the system. Secura Clips™ are specifically designed to work with Security Mesh™. Secura Clip™ fasteners have a recessed center hole allowing the Tek screw to seat at the surface of the mesh and not create humps and bumps alerting intruders to the penetration barrier. Secura Clip™ fasteners provide over 68% more holding strength than standard screws alone.
- For best performance AMICO Security Mesh™, AMICO Secura Clip™ fasteners need to be used. Install clips to metal framing using bugle head self-tapping screws penetrating the framing member a minimum of 3/8-inch. With wood framing use 1-5/8-inch drywall screws allowing the fastener to penetrate framing a minimum of 1-1/2-inches. Standard spacing is 12-inches vertically per framing member for both vertical and horizontal surfaces.
- Gypsum finish is installed directly over Security Mesh™. No need for other materials for added intrusion protection. AMICO has supplied numerous projects requiring mesh to be attached to both sides of the framing members.
Security Mesh™ Selection
- AMICO offers Minimum, Medium, Maximum and Heavy Modified Super Max Security Mesh™ panels. The style of Security Mesh™ can be determined by the overall level of security for the facility and other conditions such as response time by security or law enforcement.
|AMICO Security Mesh™||Weight per sq. ft.||Overall Thickness||Percent Open Area|
|ASM .75-9F HM||2.38 lbs.||.140"||63%|
|ASM .75-9F||1.57 lbs.||.108"||64%|
|ASM .50-13F||1.26 lbs.||.072"||57%|
|ASM 1.5-9F||1.05 lbs.||.108"||76%|
|ASM .75-13F||.67 lbs.||.072"||77%|
|ASM 1.5-13F||.51 lbs.||.072"||83%|
|ASM .50-16F||.77 lbs.||.048"||61%|
|ASM .75-16F||.47 lbs.||.048"||76%|
|ASM 1.0-16F||.38 lbs.||.048"||80%|
|ASM 1.5-16F||.35 lbs.||.048"||82%|
AMICO Security Mesh Installation
AMICO Secura Clip™ Spacing Guidelines
- Stud Spacing 16in (406.40mm) on center
- 24 Secura Clip™ fasteners per 4′ x 8′ (1,219.20mm x 2,438.40mm) panel
- Secura Clip™ fasteners spaced 12in (304.80mm ) vertically
NOTE: Both Panel Joint Details are Acceptable Methods
AMICO Security Mesh™
- Framing members should be no less than 20GA
- Security Mesh™ panels may be installed with diamonds running in either direction
- It is preferred to have mesh joints either staggered as in detail “A” or butt joined as in detail “B”
- It is acceptable to overlap mesh joints with owners prior written approval
- Panels shall join on framing members
- If panels join in between framing members, in any direction, adjoining panels shall be tied with 18GA tie wire at the same frequency as clips or welding
- STEEL FRAMING APPLICATIONS Secura Clip™ fasteners are fastened to steel framing members with fine thread self-tapping bugle head self-tapping screws with a #8 shank long enough to penetrate the steel framing member at least 3/8”
- WOOD FRAMING APPLICATIONS Secura Clip™ fasteners are fastened to wood framing members with 1-5/8” fine thread #6 shank drywall screws
AMICO Security Mesh™
AMICO Security Mesh™
Cutting of AMICO Security Mesh™ panels
- On site, Security Mesh™ panels can be cut with a commercial nibbler, hand-held grinding with cutting wheel, circular saw with an abrasive or carbide tip blade, or cutting torch. When using grinding wheel and circular saw, anticipate sparks being emitted. It is not recommended to have Security Mesh™ panels sheared to size since each sheet will have numerous very sharp open diamonds creating transportation and jobsite hazards.
AMICO Security Mesh™ used as a ceiling penetration barrier behind dry walls